Caravan Site Rules and Guidelines
- New arrivals are requested to pay for the duration of their stay upon arrival. Payment is accepted by cash, cheque (payable to Flaxton Meadows) or debit card.
- No arrivals before 2pm, please vacate pitches before 12 noon on the day of departure. Late departure can sometimes be arranged for a small fee, please speak to reception. No movement of vehicles between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Please use water sensibly – no water fights or playing around at water standpipes. Washing of cars, caravans, motorhomes or filling of paddling pools is not permitted unless by prior arrangement.
- All speed restrictions must be observed.
- Caravanners are responsible for keeping their pitch areas clean and tidy.
- Dogs welcome with well-behaved owners! The biggest dogs we accept are labradors. Sorry, but we cannot accept rottweilers or Irish wolfhounds, or breeds/crossbreeds listed on the Dangerous Dogs Act (ie Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentine, and Fila Brasileiro) and any of the following: American Staffordshire Terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff, Pitbull or Tosa. If in doubt, we are always happy to chat further as we try our best to make sure you have the best holiday experience. Dogs must be kept strictly on a fixed lead no more than 2 metres in length and under control. All waste must be picked up and deposited in the bins provided. Persistent noise from dogs could lead to you being asked to leave the site. Dogs must not be left unattended in caravans or motorhomes. A maximum of two dogs is allowed per pitch. There is a local dog park 0.4 miles away.
- Abuse of any facilities will be considered a serious offence and will be treated as such.
- Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated by this company or our staff; we have a zero policy against arrogance and rudeness. If you misbehave you will be asked to leave.
- Drugs: any one found to be taking drugs will initiate a call to the police and they will be asked to leave! This includes marijuana – smoking of cannabis oil is not allowed either.
- It is unlawful to consume your own alcohol in or around the bar.
- The entry/exit barrier is automated. The barrier does not allow entry/exit between 11pm and 7am. Late arrivals must park in the designated area.
- Laundering must take place in the laundry room and not in washbasins or washing up sinks.
- Any washing hung out must be unobtrusive and concealed as much as possible. No clothes lines to be attached to trees or boundary fences.
- We do not allow drones due to Civil Aviation Bylaws and insurance.
- No sub-letting of caravans or motorhomes is allowed.
- We do not allow sign written vans / sign written cars or normal vans which are not sign written onto the campsite.
- Parking is provided for one car per pitch. Extra cars must be booked in advanced and parked in a designated parking area.
- Please note electric vehicles must be parked in a designated parking area. Electric vehicles cannot be charged on site.
- CCTV Cameras are in operation 24 hours.
- All items in the cabins have smart water and are chipped for tracking to prevent theft.
- No unruly activities or behaviour that could result in disturbance, nuisance or hazard to other site users is permitted. Bicycles should only be ridden on paved surfaces, not on the grass.
- No visitors allowed to site, please meet them off site.
- No visitors to cabins.
- Maximum 2 vehicles per cabin.
- The pond is fenced. Children are not allowed near it without adult supervision. Please do not climb over the fence.
- We have hens, ducks, guinea fowl and peacocks roaming freely on site so please do not allow children to harass them, although they do enjoy sweetcorn and the odd food scraps.
- Barbecues are not permitted to be used with log cabin bookings including electric barbecues.
- Household refuse to be bagged and placed in the appropriate bins. Recycling bins are provided for glass, paper, plastic and cans.
- All caravans, motorhomes, vehicles and visitors enter the park at their own risk and the site owners can accept no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to property or persons however caused.
- We will endeavour to fulfil requests for a specific pitch or to be grouped together with friends but no guarantee can be given.
- We do not accept bookings for all male/female parties of more than two units.
- Flaxton Meadows accepts no responsibility for damage/loss of goods/vehicles or injury to persons.
- No toilet tents.
- All caravans and motor homes attending this site are expected to have at least one portable fire extinguisher. We also recommend a caravan to be fitted with smoke alarms.
- These cabins are set in a peaceful and tranquil environment, they are not party cabins and any loud and excessive noise or rude behaviour is not tolerated here.
- The hot tubs cannot be used after 10 pm at night.
- No music should be audible outside.
- Drive-away awnings must be attached to the vehicle at all times.
- 1 windbreak per pitch is permitted but should not be left unattended.
Unless notice of cancellation of your reservation is received in writing no less than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday, you will be liable for the full amount of the booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
We recommend all our customers have adequate UK travel insurance to cover for cancellation and curtailment.
If you want to cancel your booking:
Your accommodation booking is a contract for the provision of leisure services on a specific date or dates and this means that you do not have a statutory right to change your mind and cancel the contract. We do, however, offer you the right to cancel your contract subject to the provisions of this section below:
If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking you must let us know by email or in writing as soon as possible and, in any event, prior to the first day of your booking. Your booking will be cancelled with effect from the day we receive your email or written notification, subject to us deducting cancellation charges as set out in section below.
Our cancellation charges are calculated according to the time between when we receive notification from you that you wish to cancel your booking and the start of your booking. Our cancellation charges are set out in the table below:
|No. of days prior to booking start date||Cancellation charge|
|More than 30 days||administration fee of £15|
|14 – 30 days||50% of the total booking charge|
|Less than 14 days or after the booking start date||100% of the total booking charge|
If you cancel your booking after the booking start date, we will not issue any refund for any remaining nights of your booking. To clarify, this includes where you cancel your booking for any reason outside of your reasonable control, including without limitation, inclement weather and illness. We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.
Booking amendments or cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Park, who may charge a cancellation or alteration fee.
Any cancellation or amendment request should be addressed directly to the Park using the contact details provided in your Confirmation. We recommend that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your Booking prior to travel.
The Park are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event they are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
You must give a minimum of 30 days to cancel, even if you book in error. Booking is non refundable if paid in full. If you book the wrong campsite there is no refund.
If you expect to have a late or delayed arrival, please take the courtesy to communicate with the Park so that they can make any necessary arrangements to receive you.
Loss or Damage of Guest's Property
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, a hotel proprietor may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor or staff of the site. The liability however –
- Extends only to the property of guests who have engaged sleeping accommodation at the site;
- Is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest, except in the case of property which has been deposited or offered for deposit, for safe custody:
- Does not cover motor cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them, or horses or live animals
- This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to Flaxton Meadows or any part thereof, or that liability thereunder attaches to the proprietor of Flaxton Meadows in any particular case.
The site owners reserve the right to:
Add or alter these rules at any time.
Refuse entry to any persons.
Insist on the removal of any caravan, motorhome or tent without refund of site fees if a breach of the site rules is considered serious enough to warrant such action.